If you’re in a hurry and just looking for the best incontinence mattress for bedwetters, the Drive Medical Quick’n Easy Comfort Mattress is the best. What is the best mattress for bedwetters? If this question has been bothering you for some time, then today is your lucky day.
Bedwetting or urinary incontinence is one of the most embarrassing ailments that affects both children and adults.
While most children learn to successfully control their bladder by the age of 6 to 7, many others continue to wet their beds until much later.
Bedwetting in adults is actually more common than you might think. In fact, it is estimated that 2 percent of adults wet the bed frequently.
This is usually a result of bladder problems caused by a variety of conditions, from diabetes to Sleep Apnea. Prostate Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinson’s have also been linked to bedwetting.
The good news is that if you or someone you love is currently suffering from urinary incontinence, you don’t have to lose hope.
With the current advances in the mattress industry, sleeping comfortably and waking up with dignity has just become possible.
Top 5 Waterproof Mattresses for Adults and Children with Bedwetting
Here are the 5 best bedwetting mattresses for kids and adults that you should consider. If waking up dry and comfortable is a priority, you can’t afford not to pay attention to the unique features each of these mattresses has to offer.
Drive Medical Quick’n Easy Comfort Mattress – Editor’s Choice
The Drive Medical Quick’n Easy Comfort Mattress has made a lot of waves since its release in the market. It offers several features that make it more than just a standard bed wetting mattress.
Patients in long-term care facilities benefit immensely from the multi-layered high-density foam used in this mattress.
These are 3 full layers of foam that provide exceptional pressure redistribution for all.
The mattress cover is made of high-quality water-permeable vapor nylon with extreme water resistance.
This 2-way stretch cover provides the sleeper with absolute comfort and the highest standards of hygiene to keep them healthy and happy.
And oh, you don’t have to take out a new mortgage on your house to get this model, because it comes with a very generous price tag.
In fact, it is the best bed wetter mattress for those who have a small budget.
- The easy-to-clean waterproof cover not only protects from liquids, but is also fire retardant and tear-resistant
- Genuine memory foam heel area and uniquely cut top layer take pressure redistribution to the next level
- Weight capacity of 300 pounds
- 6-inch foam isn’t the thickest on the market, even though it gets the job done
Why We Love This Mattress
- The Drive Medical Quick’n Easy Comfort Mattress offers a lot of great features that are hard to ignore
- The top layer of foam is resilient enough to provide the comfort patients need.
- Pressure ulcers are effectively prevented by the ultra-soft heel area, which allows for extremely low pressure when in contact with the skin.
- This incontinence mattress has extremely low moisture permeability. This keeps patients cool, content, comfortable and dignified.
Bariatric Waterproof – Plus-Size Bedwetter Mattress
The Bariatric Waterproof /incontinence mattress stands out as one of the best urine-resistant mattresses money can buy right now. If you are tired of your hospital or bedroom smelling like pee, you need to take a close look at this model.
It is made of a zoned, high-density foam core and is designed to meet the specific needs of bariatric patients.
The manufacturer incorporates the perfect blend of soft, medium, and firm foams. This creates an amazing sleeping pad that everyone will fall in love with.
The premium design and use of advanced manufacturing innovations mean you can expect it to last much longer than innerspring beds and other competing models in today’s waterproof bedding industry.
Are you worried about how to clean up after your loved one? Well, you’ll be interested to know that it can be done with minimal stress.
All you need to do is wipe down the entire surface with a mild disinfectant like Simple Green.
Plus, the vinyl cover is soft and sealed while being waterproof, odor-free, and non-allergenic.
- Made of a unique zoned high-density foam that meets the needs of bariatric patients
- Guarantees quick and stress-free cleaning
- Features CertiPUR-US certified foams that are free of toxic chemicals such as ozone depleters, phthalates, arsenic and heavy metals
- The price tag may be a bit on the higher side
Why We Love this Mattress
- The Bariatric waterproof Incontinence mattress is the best option for overweight bedwetters.
- While most devices on the market come with a maximum user weight capacity of 300 pounds, this model is suitable for even full size individuals weighing up to 500 pounds.
- It provides the right amount of support and resiliency to meet the protective needs of heavy adults from bedwetting without any part of the mattress sinking in.
Continental Waterproof – Orthopedic Mattress
The Continental Sleep Waterproof Vinyl Orthopedic Mattress is the perfect choice to keep your home clean and hygienic if you have children of bedwetting age.
It is equally suitable for keeping hospitals and nursing home patients comfortable without compromising the hygiene standards of these facilities.
Are you a parent who shops for mattresses for kids? Or a professional tasked with buying the right mattress for hospices, hospitals, nursing homes, and similar facilities?
You can either opt for a conventional mattress or box spring bed, which are a nightmare to clean and dry, or go for the Continental Sleep Waterproof Orthopedic Mattress made specifically for these facilities.
It comes with a vinyl cover that is super easy to clean and maintain for the comfort of your loved one or senior in your care.
This model ensures excellent waterproof protection thanks to its ability to block fluids. So urinary incontinence can be the least of your problems.
- Keeps patients and children comfortable so they can get the rest they need
- True waterproof properties that block all types of fluids so the mattress doesn’t get wet
- Fully sealed mattress with no zipper opening to meet the strictest institutional standards
- Provides an excellent return on investment
- Made in the USA
- The foam around the edges feels a little squishy and bouncy
Why We Love this Mattress
- There are several reasons why we couldn’t take our eyes off the Continental Sleep Waterproof Orthopedic Mattress.
- The special attention to detail built into the mattress ensures a great night’s sleep for everyone.
- It provides just the right amount of support and spinal alignment to ensure a restful night’s sleep all night long.
- In addition, the excellent foam cushioning allows consumers ample luxury to make sleeping a pleasure once again.
The North American Bed-Wetting Mattress is another top choice for those who are seriously looking for the best mattress for bedwetters.
Available in Twin to Twin XL, as well as Full and Full XL sizes, it’s not only perfect for kids and teens who have trouble holding their bladder, but also for adults.
The mattress is made of high-quality medium-density foam, which makes it perfect for bedridden people.
It offers first-class protection against bedwetting for seriously ill patients who spend a lot of time in bed.
This waterproof sealed urine-resistant bed is easy to clean even after several rounds of peeing on it. Just wipe it down from top to bottom with a disinfectant such as Simple Green and it’s ready to use again.
The foam built into the mattress has been tested and certified by CertiPUR-US to be completely safe from toxic chemicals.
Therefore, it is free of Ozone Depleters, mercury, lead, formaldehyde, and phthalates.
In addition, this incontinence mattress does not contain flame retardants such as PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEPs.
- Available in a wide range of sizes for children and adults with bedwetting problems
- Made of medium density foam, free of toxic chemicals
- Waterproof sealed urine resistance means the bed is ready to use immediately after cleaning
- Features a zipper closure
Why We Love This Mattress
- The North American Bed-Wetting Mattress has a lot going for it, which is exactly why it’s so popular.
- The extremely soft, waterproof vinyl cover is bacteria-free and odor-resistant, so your pet will stay fresh even after multiple pees.
- Another great feature is the ability to flip the mattress over when needed for longer use.
Assure II Bed Mattress – Perfect for the Bedridden
The Assure II General Patient and Hospital Bed Mattress is designed to meet the needs associated with caring for a disabled child or adult with incontinence problems.
It provides optimal comfort, thanks to great postural support for all sleepers. The mattress contains several foam layers of different densities to allow patients to sleep in peace.
The corrugated foam on the top and bottom stays in shape even if you have to spend several hours in bed. The core center is very elastic to prevent parts from sagging after constant use.
Every inch of the manufacturer’s integrated foam is CertiPUR-US certified. This means that you or your loved one can sleep in peace without worrying about coming into contact with harmful chemicals.
Moreover, it is produced according to the standards of the Consumer Product Safety Commission. This proves that it contains no phthalates and low volatile organic compounds to ensure premium indoor air quality.
- It provides optimal comfort and excellent postural support to prevent body aches and pains
- It uses CertiPUR-US certified foam material
- With removable cover and skin-friendly polyurethane nylon cover
- Searching for fitted sheets can be a nightmare
Why We Love this Mattress
- The Assure II General Patient and ICU Hospital Bed need no introduction when it comes to the best bed wetting mattresses.
- Additionally, there is a secondary liquid barrier that is thermally sealed between the cover and the foam itself to keep the mattress dry throughout the day.
- This ensures double protection, i.e. for the foam in case the outer cover is damaged, and also to prevent the softening agents of the foam from exerting excessive pressure on the cover, which can cause it to become brittle.
Incontinence Mattress Buying Guide
Not all urinary incontinence mattresses are the same, so it is important to find the best one available when shopping.
We have put together the most comprehensive buying guide to help you choose the best incontinence mattress.
Waterproof Mattress Protector For Bedwetters
Whether you have a bedwetting mattress or a regular model, a waterproof mattress protector can provide extra comfort.
It can also keep the main mattress in tip-top shape and free from contact with urine and other bodily fluids.
The right protector can also ward off dust mites, allergens, and other microorganisms.
What if you have a regular mattress? Well, the right waterproof mattress topper can be an affordable way to get all the benefits of a full-sized bedwetting mattress without having to dig deep into your pocket for a special model.
The Type of Foam
Bedwetting mattresses generally fall into 2 categories: Memory foam and innerspring. Each type offers a unique set of benefits.
After extensive testing, we have found that the top-of-the-line memory foam models are the most luxurious option for sleep comfort.
If you can’t afford a model with a full memory foam top, at least look for one with memory foam that covers the heel area.
The Number of Layers
The number of foam layers incorporated in a particular mattress model is one of the most important factors to consider. You cannot afford to ignore this when looking for a quality mattress for bedwetters.
As a rule, the higher the number of layers, the higher the protection from urine.
Therefore, it is important to choose a mattress that consists of at least 3 layers of quality foam.
This ensures the right level of cushioning that the patient wants to enjoy their sleep.
The Mattress Cover
All mattresses designed for urinary incontinence should have one thing in common: a waterproof cover. If you’re serious about getting the best comfort for your loved one, the cover must be right, too.
We recommend choosing a mattress that has a cover made of vinyl or polyurethane material.
Fortunately, there are premium models from North American and other brands that feature polyurethane-coated vinyl covers. This gives consumers the best of both worlds.
These covers extend the life of the mattress by protecting it not only from urine, but also from sweat odors and other liquids.
If you are allergic to dust mites and other organisms that may be inside the mattress, it is important to choose a model with a cover that provides the necessary protection.
Also, the sealed cover should enclose the entire length and width of the mattress to keep moisture out.
The Size of the Mattress
Your main concern may be finding a mattress that will protect against urine and other fluids. However, that doesn’t mean that size should be ignored.
It is important to choose a size that gives the sleeper enough room to move without falling off.
Twin is the most popular bedwetting mattress for kids, while thinner teens can get by with Twin XL models. However, larger teens will definitely feel more comfortable with a Full or Full XL mattress.
Optimal sizes for adults range from full to queen mattresses, depending on individual preferences.
The importance of choosing an easy-to-clean urinary incontinence mattress cannot be overstated.
Unfortunately, the majority of people who suffer from chronic conditions that affect their ability to control their bladder are regular bedwetters.
Choosing a model that can be easily wiped down with a mild disinfectant from top to bottom can be a lifesaver.
With the need to clean daily and in some cases several times a day, who wants a model that can be a nightmare to clean and dry?
Incontinent adults and children with special needs spend more time in bed compared to others.
Therefore, it is important to choose a mattress that provides the perfect amount of cushioning to prevent pressure ulcers and the resulting body aches.
Sure, you can find a not-so-comfortable mattress that offers 5-star capabilities for urine. But what’s the point of buying it if your kids or loved ones wake up in pain every morning?
Choosing a mattress that offers excellent postural support in the form of spinal realignment can be crucial for your loved ones.
Seniors, terminally ill patients, and others who live in nursing homes and other care facilities need all the comfort they can get.
Therefore, it is important to consider their holistic comfort needs.
Maximum Capacity User Weight
As with regular models, there is a maximum load capacity for bedwetting mattresses that serves as a guide for consumers.
No matter how much you love a particular model, avoid buying it if your weight is more than it can support.
The majority of the models in our top 5 picks have a load capacity that hovers around the 300-pound limit. However, the Bariatric Waterproof Incontinence Mattress can accommodate people weighing up to 500 pounds.
Thus, it is the perfect option for overweight sleepers.
How much money you can comfortably spend on an incontinence mattress?
From just under $200 to $1,000, there is a model for you. Therefore, finding a good urine-resistant mattress should not be a problem no matter how much you can spend.
Just analyze our top picks side by side to choose the one that fits your budget and performance needs.
Keep in mind that the most expensive options may come with more built-in support and performance features.
However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the cheaper options are inferior in any way.
How much money can you comfortably spend on an incontinence mattress?
From just under $200 to $1,000, there’s a model out there for you. Thus, finding a great urine-resistant mattress should not be a problem no matter how much you can afford to spend.
Just analyze our top picks side by side in order to choose the one that meets your budget and performance needs.
Keep in mind that the most expensive options may come with more integrated support and performance features.
However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that the less expensive options are in any way inferior.
We trust that you are now able to buy the best mattress for bedwetting for your child or an incontinent adult.
Keep in mind that each of the 5 models we’ve tested above offers excellent urine-resistant features, as well as other unique benefits.
The Drive Medical Quick’n Easy Comfort Mattress is our top choice if it fits your budget and current body weight thanks to its extensive features and support.
On the other hand, the Bariatric Waterproof/Incontinence Mattress is the obvious choice if you want a premium model with a higher weight capacity.