If you’re in a hurry and just looking for the best king mattress under $1,000, then the Tuft & Needle Mattress is the best one.
Have you walked into any mattress store in recent times? If yes, then you probably noticed that the standard price for a quality Memory Foam or Latex King model hovers around $3,000.
What if you are operating on a budget of $1,000 or significantly less? Should you be resigned to your current mattress for the next decade until you can save up for a $3,000 model?
Well, the short answer is no. Gone are the days when manufacturers were forced to sell their mattresses through middlemen in the form of mattress stores and show rooms.
Those stores marked up their stock by as much as 200-300 percent. Consumers had no option but to shell out big anytime they needed a new mattress.
The popularity of online shopping and the skyrocketing competition is good news for consumers. The stiff rivalry forces online retailers to constantly reduce their prices.
Thus, you can now find a top quality luxurious mattress from Amazon for under $1,000.
However, the availability of hundreds of options on the Web make it hard to choose.
Unfortunately, many consumers end up kissing a lot of frogs while spending huge monies before uncovering the best one for their needs.
This is why our team of experts has weeded out the chaff in order to come up with the top 7 king size mattresses priced under 1000 dollars.
The Best King Mattresses Under $1000
Tuft & Needle King – Editor’s Choice
The Tuft & Needle is our number one pick for the best king mattress under 1,000 dollars.
It has stellar ratings from over 12,000 customers (and counting), and attracts thousands of monthly sales.
Thus, there’s no doubt that majority of consumers are in agreement that this model currently has no peers.
It is engineered from deluxe Adaptive Foam designed and refined by Tuft & Needle.
This offers the most serene sleeping you will ever experience.
This foam is a step ahead of latex and standard memory foam in so many conspicuous ways. It sleeps exceptionally cool without making you feel like you’re sinking in and feeling stuck.
Getting in and out of bed is made easier than any mattress on the market at this very moment.
The Tuft & Needle King Mattress is 100 percent made in the USA by a progressive manufacturer based in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Made from the brand’s custom Adaptive Foam which is superior to regular memory foam and Latex mattresses
- 10-year realistic warranty with 100-night sleep trial
- Proudly designed and manufactured in the USA
- Strong smell when it is first opened
Why we love this Mattress
- The deluxe Adaptive Foam the Tuft & Needle King embeds comes from true innovation that takes sleep quality to the next level.
- No matter which type of foam your old mattress sported, you’ll notice a significant difference the moment you start sleeping on the Tuft & Needle.
- The Adaptive Foam comes with just the right amount of bounce and support required to meet the requirements of side, stomach, and back sleepers. The built-in “localized bounce” ensures that any movements do not disturb your sleeping partner.
The Brentwood Home Cypress Luxe Cooling Charcoal Infused Hybrid Mattress is one of the highest-selling king size mattresses on the market.
The top layer features 3.5 inches of Gel Memory Foam designed to conform to the unique body contours of each individual.
It results in greater pressure relief and exceptional spinal alignment.
This model has a built-in ability to eliminate tossing and turning or at least bring it to the barest minimum.
Therefore, you can be confident of a deeply satisfying sleep.
It is perfect for couples or adults who prefer sleeping with their kids, thanks to the built-in minimal motion transfer.
This ensures that one person’s movements in bed do not affect the others.
Also, the Cypress promotes the ability to sleep without disturbances for hours. This becomes possible due to the removable zipper cover that comes with the mattress.
It is lined with natural New Zealand Wool which eliminates moisture while keeping your body temperature cool throughout the night.
- 5-inch Gel Memory Foam top naturally conforms to the body while delivering proper spinal alignment and pressure relief
- Removable zipper cover made from natural New Zealand Wool prevents odors, eliminates moisture, and regulates temperature
- Perfect for stomach, back, and side sleepers
- Those who are used to lying on extremely firm mattresses may have to look elsewhere
Why we Love this Mattress
- The Brentwood Home Cypress King Mattress is manufactured from a powerful mix of healthy, environmentally-friendly materials
- The foam used is CertiPUR-US certified to be free from toxic flame retardants, Formaldehyde, Phthalates, and other heavy metals. Hence, it is safe for everyone including adults and kids.
- The Cypress is made by tapping into the knowledge and expertise of local artisans in the manufacturer’s home city of Los Angeles. This proves the brand’s commitment to nature right from start to finish.
The Signature Sleep Independently Encased Coil Mattress comes with a wide range of features to enhance the quality of your sleep and maximize value.
It integrates a 1-inch foam mattress that is CertiPUR-US certified to contain Low VOCs and environmentally friendly properties.
Who says you cannot have a pleasant sleep while contributing to protecting the environment.
Scared of ending up with a mattress that sleeps hot? The breathable premium soft bamboo cover integrated into this model promotes those dry cool nights we all crave.
The durable independently encased coils give additional support and pressure relief for troublesome areas of the body. This ensures a pain-free neck and shoulders as well as lower back and hips.
If you are on the hunt for a king size innerspring mattress under $1000 that gives you the right level of support, you may have just found it.
- independently encased coils provide extra support and pressure relief for several troublesome areas of the body
- Breathable soft bamboo cover guarantees cool dry nights
- Extremely affordable mattress that gives value for money
- Standard sheets usually pop off in the middle of the night. We recommend that you opt for deep pocket fitted sheets.
Why We Love This Mattress
- The Signature Sleep Signature 13-inch Independently Encased Coil Mattress is extremely flexible. It is compatible with not just traditional beds but bunk beds and platform beds as well.
- Another standout benefit is the fact that everyone sleeps and wake up comfortable regardless of their preferred sleeping position.
- With a price tag that is 75 percent cheaper than most of our memory foam and latex mattress picks, this model can be a great option for anyone on a tight budget.
The Leesa Mattress King is an award-winning model recognized by industry players and consumers. This model is number one among the latest breed of Direct-to-Consumer Mattresses available for sale.
The Leesa is a true beauty with meticulous design and craftmanship that features multiple layers of premium quality materials.
This consists of Avena Foam for airflow and bounce as well as Memory Foam for outstanding pressure relief to enable maximum luxury in bed.
The foam materials are backed by a solid core base to enable weight support and structural integrity.
While it is available at a third of the cost of premium king size mattresses on the market, this model delivers superior cooling, comfort, pressure relief, and support.
The manufacturer is so sure that you’ll love this mattress that every purchase comes with a super generous sleep trial.
You get to sleep on the Leesa for 100 nights and can return it at absolutely no cost if you’re not satisfied with it for whatever reason.
- Premium-grade Memory Foam and Avena Foam components
- Delivers better cooling, comfort, pressure relief, and support compared to models that cost 3 times more
- 100-night sleep trial
- 100% made in the USA
- Might feel a bit firm if you’re used to soft mattresses
Why We Love This Mattress
- The Leesa King Mattress is backed by next-generation innovation and the experience of a master mattress craftsman.
- The manufacturer believes that choosing a preferred firmness level is a bit “Old School”. In fact, since there’s no universal standard for measuring the firmness level of a mattress, anyone could easily get it wrong.
- Thankfully, you don’t have to choose one when it comes to Leesa because the mattress adjusts to your body and provides just the level of support you need for breathtaking nights.
The Classic Brands Cool Gel Mattress nurtures your body to fall and stay asleep all night long.
It consists of a combination of the highest grade of pressure relieving memory foam and high-density aerated cool gel memory foam.
This is why many consumers find themselves mesmerized by the quality of support and contouring they experience on this model.
Sleep temperature is constantly awesome no matter where you live thanks to the natural ability of latex to avoid heat retention. It features multiple passage ways to transfer ample amounts of air to the skin.
The material used in this model guarantees proper spinal alignment by contouring to the shape of each individual’s body. This makes it perfect for sex and other bedroom activities.
The minimal motion and hypoallergenic properties are additional perks that come with this mattress.
The Sleep Temperature Mattress is highly resilient and built to last a very long time.
- Choose from 3 comfort levels (Cool Gel, Cool Gel Chill or Cool Gel Ice) depending on your personal sleeping style
- 120-night risk-free sleep trial with 100% free returns and zero shipping costs to you
- Made in USA
- Price tag is a bit on the up side for the extended models.
Why We Love This Mattress
- The Classic Brands Cool Gel Mattress comes with two luxurious bonus pillows. The pillows do have more comfort because of its Memory Foam technology.
- However, the comprehensively designed core is the number one reason why this model makes it to our list of the best king size mattresses under 1000 dollars.
- The use of convoluted foam blocks of high density ensures that the mattress stays in shape for a considerable number of years.
- The mattress prevents premature sagging, no matter the amount of weight it endures on a daily basis.
The Sweetnight Breeze 12 Inch King Size Mattress is manufactured with the right components.
This delivers the perfect combination of softness and support.
It features a 1.5-inch layer of 4lb Gel Memory Foam at the top and 2.5 inches of 4lb Gel Memory Foam in the middle.
The bottom layer consists of 8 inches of Premium Base Foam to give sleepers just the right amount of support to sleep with ease.
The ability to sleep longer and wake up better rested and buzzing is one of the reasons why many consumers are in love with this mattress.
This is made possible by the top layers of the foam which create the perfect blend of pressure relief and support.
The Sweetnight Breeze 12 Inch King Size Mattress offers top-notch performance. This becomes evident when compared to the cheap imported mattresses constructed from mediocre foams.
- Gives perfect combination of softness and support to help you sleep peacefully throughout the night
- Affordable price tag compared to rival products of similar quality
- Comes with all the right components to stay in shape for many years
- Firmness level may take some getting used to if you have never slept on a memory foam mattress
Why We Love this Mattress
- The Sweetnight Breeze 12 Inch King Size Mattress is an all-American made model unlike many of its current rivals. It is designed and manufactured in the United States with completely home-made components.
- Purchasing this model is a great opportunity to support the local economy.
- In spite of the obvious quality it delivers to sleepers, you can find it at a fraction of the cost of rival mattresses with similar levels of performance
The Lull 10-inch Gel Memory Foam King Mattress has revolutionized the mattress industry. It comes in the form of a premium quality foam mattress available at a fraction of the cost of rival units.
This mattress just feels right in a not too soft and not too firm comfort level. It is perfect for all body sizes and shapes regardless of your preferred sleeping position.
The advanced 3-layer construction technology translates to a rejuvenated morning after a restful night of sleep.
It is integrated with a gel-infused memory foam top layer that provides abundant airflow. This pulls heat away from the body to enhance 5-star temperature regulation.
The top layer also contours to the body to provide just the right level of support to effectively eliminate bed sores. This makes the Lull one of the best mattresses for bedridden consumers.
- 3-layer advanced sleep technology guarantees an amazing sleeping experience regardless of your body type or preferred sleeping position
- 75% percent savings compared to traditional king size mattresses
- 100-night risk-free sleep trial
- Sitting anywhere near the edge sinks quite a bit
Why We Love this Mattress
- The Lull 10-inch Gel Memory Foam King Mattress provides mind-blowing therapeutic support. This ensures sleep tranquility of everyone including those suffering from MS and other conditions that can affect mobility.
- It features a proprietary foam layer that supports all body types to generate optimal alignment for easy resting.
- Finally, you can sleep on a mattress that promotes a healthy back.
How to Find the Best King Size Mattress With A $1,000 Budget
There are several tips to help you find the best king mattress even on a limited budget.
Before you start searching, it is important to know that comfort and quality are the 2 most important factors to consider during the searching process. The fact that one particular model may feel luxurious for someone doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll feel the same about it.
The Bed Frame
If you have just purchased a king size bed frame or thinking about ordering one anytime soon, it is important to make sure that its dimensions are accurate before shopping for a mattress.
Keep in mind that there’s a significant difference between a regular king and California king mattress.
A standard king size bed measures 76” wide and 80 inches long while California kings come with a slightly shorter length and slightly larger width measuring 84” inches wide and 72” long.
For adjustable bed frames, it is important to choose a mattress that bends easily to fit the contours of the frame.
No standard degree of firmness meets the sleeping needs of everyone because this is a matter of preference.
Most stomach sleepers and back sleepers find Medium Firm mattresses the most comfortable. Side sleepers usually prefer Softer mattresses in order to allow the hips and shoulders to “sink in” comfortably.
Like we stated earlier, this is solely a matter of preference.
Type of Mattress
The most popular types of king mattresses are Memory Foam, Latex, and Innerspring.
Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages so it is up to you to decide the most suitable one for your needs and budget.
Innerspring King Size Mattresses Under $1,000
Innerspring mattresses come in the form of integrated spring coils with layers of foam on top to enhance the comfort offered to sleepers.
The aim of the spring is to deliver the necessary weight support and spinal alignment for the sleeper.
These mattresses used to be the most popular a few decades ago and continue to have a legion of dedicated fans who swear by them.
However, they can be quite tough on the body due to their minimal contouring and spinal alignment properties.
Waking up with pressure ulcers and bed sores is therefore very common among those who sleep on coiled spring mattresses.
On the flip side, innerspring mattresses are usually inexpensive when compared to other types of mattresses.
You can expect to have a nice chunk of change even after snapping up one of the most exclusive models.
Latex Foam King Mattresses Under 1,000 Dollars
Latex Foam mattresses are very popular among consumers desperate to find a king mattress that meets their needs and budget limitations. These mattresses are known for being very resilient and breathable.
Latex delivers the right spinal alignment to enable you sleep comfortably.
Although there are lots of models significantly priced higher than $1,000, you should have little problems finding one that meets your sleeping needs within your budget.
Memory Foam King Mattresses Under $1,000
Memory Foam mattresses are the latest craze in the industry. The majority of consumers choose them ahead of the others for several reasons.
Firstly, they are able to provide more luxury for sleepers due to their natural ability to adapt to the body’s contours in order to provide custom support for everyone.
The majority of couples choose king size mattresses. Thus, the significantly reduced motion transfer properties of memory foam makes it one of the most sought after options out there.
The possible disadvantage of memory foam is that they can be hotter than the other options discussed earlier.
Keep in mind that memory foam is naturally denser and heavier than latex, innerspring, and the other popular types of foam.
More often than not, foams with higher densities tend to provide more contouring for the body.
The Tuft & Needle King is our top rated model if you’re desperate to find the best king mattress under $1,000. With over 90 percent 5-star ratings from 9,000 reviewers (and counting), little can go wrong.
The other 6 options come with a wide range of unique features so feel free to check them out and choose your preferred option with confidence.